The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 is another Android device that is easy to root. With the use various tools and methods provided by developers, you can already root this device in a few minutes. For those of you who have not rooted your Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi yet and are planning to do so, we have the steps for you. Continue reading and check it out.
The rooting process will void the warranty of your device. If warranty is a priority for you, do not proceed with this process. And, if you decide to proceed, read the instructions carefully to avoid any issues along the way.
These instructions have been known to work for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 WiFi-only (Retail) and Google I/O versions. These instructions may or may not work for other variants. So, proceed at your own risk and hold no one liable for whatever damage you will cause on your tablet by following this guide.
1. Download all the files you need as one package. Get the package here or here.
2. Extract the contents of the ZIP file into a folder on your computer. You’ll be getting the following components after extracting:
- hc-3.1_ota-full_sam_tab_10.1.zip (Stock ROM) — Copy this to your tablet’s internal storage so that you will have a backup copy of your stock ROM in case you want to revert to it at some future date.
- stockretail.tar.md5 (stock recovery)
Or, you can install the drivers by installing Samsung KIES.
4. Enable USB Debugging on your tablet.
5. Turn off your tablet.
6. Reboot the tablet into Download Mode, as follows: hold down the Volume Down and Power buttons.
Release the two buttons once you see the two icons on the tablet’s screen. Press the Volume Up button to
go into Download Mode.
7. Run Odin3 on your computer.
8. Connect your tablet to your PC.
9. Click the PDA button in Odin3 and load “recovery-cwm_22.214.171.124-sam-tab-10.1.tar.md5″.
10. Under “Option”, check only “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time.” Leave the other options unchecked.
11. Click the Start button in Odin3. Wait until Odin3 tells you that the process is successful.
12. Reboot your tablet.
13. Disconnect the tablet from the PC.
14. Turn off (disable) USB Debugging on the tablet.
15. Connect the tablet again to the PC. Choose “USB Mass Storage” as connection type.
16. Copy “Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip” to your tablet and take note of where you copied the file.
17. Disconnect the tablet from the PC.
18. Turn off the tablet.
19. Reboot into recovery as follows: hold down the Volume Down and Power buttons. Release the two
buttons once you see the two icons on the tablet’s screen. Select Recovery from the options.
20. In recovery mode, choose “Install zip from sdcard,” then “Choose zip from sdcard,” locate and select
“Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip”, and finally confirm flashing the ZIP file.
21. Reboot into normal mode.
well your samsung galaxy tab 10.1 WIFI is rooted