Google is going to launch updated android 4.0.4 (Build IMM76D) Ice Cream Sandwich for Nexus , But if you are in hurry and want the update right now then below we have a step-by-step tutorial for you. This update files is only 18MB in size and only install able on IML74K 4.0.3 firmware.
Prerequisites before start :
- Before you start this update it’s highly preferable to take a whole backup of your phone applications, messages, contacts, call logs and all present files to SD card so that you are safe from the files corrupt, loses during the process.
- Your phone battery backup must be 70% above, cause of to avoid your phone from turning off during the updation. Disabling antivirus, security, unwanted apps will keep your phone battery life extend.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your phone, to do it just go to Settings – > Applications -> Development and checkout the option USB Debugging should be checked.
- Disable security softwares such as antivirus, internet security, firewalls, malware detector and anything that in your computer to do the process without any interrupt.
Step To Install Android ICS 4.0.4 On Google Nexus S :
- Download the Official Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware package file on your computer.
- Connect your phone to the computer through USB cable and copy the downloaded package file to your SD card root section (which means not in any folder).
- Disconnect from computer and turn-off your Nexus S. now restart into boot loader mode by holding the volume up and power buttons at the same time.
- Once your phone into boot loader mode then select the “Recovery” option. While you get a warning with triangle just hold the power and volume up buttons and select Apply update from SD card then choose the update.zip file that you have copied into your SD card at 2nd step.
- That’s it’ll take few time to flash the update, once it’s done your phone will automatically restart into normal mode.
- Now you need to repel the older version ROM firmware, by reboot your phone again into Recovery mode and select Wipe data/factory reset, Wipe Cache Partition then restart it by selecting reboot now.