LG’s recent contender in the smartphone race, the LG Nitro HD (and its international sibling, the LG Optimus LTE) surely has some awesome specifications to behold. On paper, the Nitro HD shines with its award-winning 4.5-inch AH-IPS LCD touchscreen and a whopping 1.5 GHz dual-core Scorpion processor. The device is spectacular to behold as it can play HD videos as smooth as butter without sacrificing certain functionalities.
Since its inception, rooting the Nitro HD has been tempting, as to do so can unlock an array of interesting features starting with the installation of custom ROMs. Even better, there might be a huge chance that you could install Ice Cream Sandwich on your device with custom CyanogenMod 9 ROMs.
Installation of the CWM Recovery 5 is quick and easy. The only requirement is to have a rooted Nitro HD for flashing the recovery image properly.
However, there are some minor issues foundion this latest version of ClockworkMod Recovery:
- Fix Permissions results in boot loop
- SD card not being mounted on boot
- Invalid timestamps
We’re glad to tell you that the CWM recovery has been tested on the AT&T LG Nitro HD (P930) and the LG Optimus LTE (SU640). Without further ado, here’s how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery 5 on your device.
- A rooted LG Nitro HD P930 or a rooted LG Optimus LTE SU640
- Terminal Emulator installed on your device. Install Android Terminal Emulator free from the Android Market.
- Connect your device to your computer via USB cable and copy the recovery image to the root of your SD card (i.e., inside the /sdcard directory). Make sure that you don’t place it deep inside the subfolders of your SD card as it might not be detected during installation.
- Run Terminal Emulator on your device and enter the following commands one at a time:
=> su=> cd / sdcard=> cat bc64-recovery.img > /dev/block/mmcblk0p13
- After the last command finishes executing, power off your device.
- Reboot into recovery mode by pressing down the Volume Down and Power buttons. It will then prompt you for a factory reset, simply press the Power button twice to do a factory reset. Don’t worry–it will not format or reset your device.
Share Your Problem or Opinion on The Comment Below! GooD LucK.