- You will need an updated Acer Iconia Tab A100 running Android ICS. You will need a PC and data cables. Install updated connectivity drivers for your device.
- Backup essential data from your Tablet. Use apps like Titanium backup, contact, smS backup.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. Go to Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB Debugging. Check the USB debugging option
- Download the Boot unlocker and root package.
- Charge your tablet to atleast 80% to ensure that you complete the process without any power outrage.
How to Unlock Bootloader and root Iconia Tab A100/A101 :
- Connect your Tablet to your PC and ensure that USB debugging is enabled. First we need to unlock bootloader. For this extract the Boot unlocker zip file to a folder and then search for install-eng.bat. This is a batch file to unlock bootloader, execute it with Administrator rights.
- You will see that your Tablet reboot and a screen appear where you will find option to lock and unlock bootloader. Use the volume button to highlight the unlock option and press the power button.
- Your device is now unlocked. For any further doubts you can check here. Now, Tablet will reboot and you have to enable USB debugging again.
- Now, extract the ICS Rooting zip to a folder and execute the runit-win.bat file from the folder. Once the process finishes, the tab will reboot and your device is rooted now.
- You can install Superuser app from Android market or use the Apk in the folder.
well, let's do it and goodluck!